Little Trains and Boats of Ireland Twin Centre for Group Travel Organisers – ‘Try Before You Buy’
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - TRIED & TESTED
This exciting tour takes in some of Ireland’s finest scenery with a twist of curiosity and special interest made possible with a variety of excursions. With visits to the Lartigue Monorail and the West Clare Steam Railway, along with a visit to Ireland’s Crystal County – Waterford, beautiful scenery and history meet for a memorable visit!
And NEW from Greatdays
‘Try Before You Buy’ programme
See below for terms & conditions
Dates available one Request
Suggested itinerary by coach
Depart the UK.
Travel to Adare or Ennis by coach and ferry or fly from your local airport to Ireland. Check into your hotel for the next 2 nights.
Little Trains and the Foynes Flying Boat Museum.
Today, you head to the West Clare Railway to take a short ride on their restored and original steam locomotive. Afterwards, you will take the ferry across the Shannon Estuary to Listowel to experience the unusual recreation of the Lartigue Monorail train which first opened in 1888. Next it’s on to the Foynes Flying Boat & Maritime Museum to see the world’s only full size B314 replica flying boat from the era 1937-1945.
Travel to Waterford and afternoon free.
Enjoy a guided walking tour of Waterford, an ideal way to find out the history of the oldest city in Ireland, before spending some time at leisure. Visit the Waterford Crystal Visitor Centre, the Museum of Treasures, Kite Design Studios or the Bishops Palace. Check into your hotel for the next 2 nights.
Waterford & Suir Valley Railway and the Dunbrody Famine Ship.
Today, enjoy a trip on the Waterford & Suir Valley Railway. Experience the beauty of the Suir Valley from a period carriage as you take in the panoramic views of the river, rolling farmland and mountains. Afterwards, visit the town of New Ross and visit the Dunbrody Famine Ship, an authentic replica of a 19th century famine ship.
Return to the UK.
After breakfast start your journey home.
West Country Hotel, Ennis ***
Visited by Greatdays September 2014
Situated on the outskirts of Ennis in County Clare, the hotel has 152 refurbished bedrooms, a lift to all floors and leisure facilities including an indoor swimming pool. Entertainment is held regularly in the bar. Plenty of onsite coach parking.
Woodlands Hotel, Adare ****
Visited by Greatdays July 2015 and rated highly by Greatdays’ clients in 2016
Traditional yet elegant, this hotel combines friendly Irish charm with old worldly style. With two unique restaurants, an Irish pub and luxury spa and leisure club, you can guarantee that you will be well looked after at this charismatic hotel. Coach parking onsite.
Dooley’s Hotel, Waterford ***
Visited by Greatdays November 2015
Located just a stone’s throw from the shopping, sightseeing and business districts of Waterford City Centre and boasting views of the River Suir, Dooley’s Hotel offers 113 well appointed ensuite guestrooms. Comfortable rooms come equipped with tea and coffee making facilities and Wi-Fi. The hotel offers an onsite bar and restaurant. No onsite coach parking but coach parking available in Waterford centre.
Granville Hotel, Waterford ****
Visited by Greatdays November 2015 and rated highly by Greatdays’ clients in 2016
The elegant Granville Hotel in Waterford overlooks the River Suir and is a five minute walk from St Patrick’s cathedral. This traditional Irish hotel offers air conditioned rooms with free internet access and an award winning restaurant. Coach parking onsite.
Ireland ‘Try Before You Buy’ programme 2016 – New
Greatdays are pleased to offer complimentary hotel and destination inspection / FAM trips to Ireland. We are offering this experience so that Greatdays’ clients can be extra sure that the hotel and sightseeing tour they have chosen is the best one for their future group tour.
Greatdays will provide the following complimentary FAM trip to the destination of your future quoted and confirmed tour including:
- Return flights for up to 2 persons to Ireland with hand luggage
- 2 nights bed and breakfast in a twin or double room at your quoted hotel
- 1 x 3 course dinner per person ( if included in your group tour quotation)
- 3 days economy car hire
- Entrance tickets to 2 visitor attractions as included in your quotation
Terms and conditions
- To be eligible for the ‘Try Before You Buy’ promotion you must in principal accept the dates, price, terms and conditions of a Greatdays quotation for a future 2016/2017/2018 group tour to Ireland. A group tour quotation is for a minimum of 15 paying persons.
You must accept the following ‘Try Before You Buy’ Conditions:
- All flights and hotels are subject to off-peak availability which is typically Sunday to Friday but this may vary depending on destination.
- Your first choice of departure airport or departure date may not be available and we may offer alternative departure airport points.
- Hand luggage only, checked in luggage will be chargeable to you.
- A full list of hotels participating in our ‘Try Before You Buy’ promotion is available on request.
- We will require £100 non refundable deposit against your future group tour (Exception See item 7). This must be paid upon acceptance of the ‘Try Before You Buy’ Trip offer. Other deposits will be indicated as per your Greatdays tour quotation schedule.
- In the unlikely event of your dissatisfaction of the inspected hotels and destinations then your initial deposit will be refunded in full.
- You will be asked to make a short inspection report about the hotel and destination. This must to be returned to Greatdays after completion of your trip, you must be available to discuss any feedback if necessary.
- Limited availability – we have a limited quantity of ‘Try Before You Buy’ packages available on a first come basis.
- Greatdays reserve the right to withdraw this offer at anytime.
- Car fuel and CDW are not included and will be payable locally at rental station. Minimum age for car rental is normally 25 years and you must hold and be able to produce a UK/European full driving licence.
- Hand luggage only, checked in luggage will be chargeable.
- Travel insurance is not included.
- Any UK Airport transfers or airport parking is not included.
Our website policy is to use only copyright free images or images which have been authorised to us for free use by the owner. If you consider an image to be unauthorised or to be your property, please contact us immediately and if valid we will have the image removed. If your image requires crediting or is missing a copyright statement then we will be pleased to add this to the webpage, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org